anonamos

Concern about Hyundai's dedication to EVs, limited supply of Kona

Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:38 pm

Anyone else concerned about Hyundai's dedication to the Kona Electric?

As more news comes out about overwhelming demand, and Hyundai limiting availability to the 10 CARB states, I don't want to end up with an Electric vehicle that's only around for a couple years, or something that isn't well supported. I'm thinking about the Fiat 500e and some other more limited production EVs....

Other automakers that are more committed would seem to be a better choice for longevity of your new EV purchase? Thoughts?

marta

RE:Concern about Hyundai's dedication to EVs, limited supply of Kona

Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:42 pm

GM sells the Bolt EV in all 50 states, but they don't have the same global demand (I don't think so at least) as Hyundai. In addition, Hyundai pulled some of the important features from the USA version of the KONA electric.

It does seem strange to me to not plan on making more of them ahead of time - this could mean this is either a pure CARB ZEV credit play for them, or a battery supply constraint issue.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out in the near future. Volkswagen has their I.D. Neo coming and they have stated their plans are to make 100,000 of them in the first year. If they do, it will take over the market from Hyundai

Return to “News & Main Kona EV Forum”