KMac59

Hyundai backtracks on Kona deliveries

Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:50 pm

I'm just reading this new post ... http://www.myelectriccarforums.com/hyun ... te-buyers/

I was all set to order a 2019 Kona EV, now there is no telling when this vehicle will be available to non- ZEV states.

Does anyone know if it will be anytime in 2019? Summer or Fall 2019? 2020?

The way this is going, I'll go back to my original plan of getting a Bolt to join my Chevy Volt in the garage.

Thanks,
Keith
Houston, TX

2018 Chevrolet Volt Premier

admin
Site Admin

Re: Hyundai backtracks on Kona deliveries

Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:00 pm

Hi Keith,

There is no word from Hyundai USA. All they are saying is that in the near-future they plan to offer the KONA Electric in non-ZEV states that "exhibit higher electric vehicle demand".

I don't have any on-the-ground-knowledge, but I would imagine that would be states like Washington ... Texas is probably not on their list, so you might want to consider going the Bolt EV route, or waiting until later this year for some of the other upcoming electric vehicles:

Volkswagen is working hard on their I.D. Neo, VOlvo has their Polestar 2 coming in 2020. Of course, any of these could turn out to be the same limited-release sort of vehicles.

KMac59

Re: Hyundai backtracks on Kona deliveries

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:24 pm

Ah... thank you for the replies... I figured as much with low supply of Kona's, that dealers would be taking advantage of that. I've decided to go with the Bolt for now and when I start seeing Kona's in Texas, take another look.

Thank you,
Keith
Houston, Tx

Return to “News & Main Kona EV Forum”