JoeS

Re: US Availability

Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:20 pm

Positive news: just received an email and then followed up with Capitol Hyundai in San Jose that they're expecting their first delivery on March 9 of one Ultimate version, with a few more to follow at an unspecified date.

Sondy132001

Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:23 pm

My dealership got a Kona Electric yesterday, it was the top of the line one @ $45k, it was beautiful, I checked it all out but didn't drive it, it was pouring rain and just shitty weather. I'm looking to get the SEL model @ $37k :D

S

klaus

Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:08 pm

That's great news! Well, for you guys, not for me in Washington state: http://www.myelectriccarforums.com/hyun ... te-buyers/
Hyundai USA has had to double back on their rollout plan. In an official statement from the company, buyers outside of the ZEV states will now have to wait until Hyundai can support volume sales in all the states.

skywal2001

Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:18 am

Finally today I got my Kona EV, I am located on northern California. I got a phone call from the dealer and told me that my car arrived yesterday at the dealership , All KONA EV they got have been sold , they don't know when they get more KONA EV. Will keep you guys inform about the performance.

admin
Site Admin

Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:55 pm

skywal2001 wrote:
Finally today I got my Kona EV, I am located on northern California. I got a phone call from the dealer and told me that my car arrived yesterday at the dealership , All KONA EV they got have been sold , they don't know when they get more KONA EV. Will keep you guys inform about the performance.
Congrats! We're very interested in hearing about your initial impressions, and experience with the Kona EV.

If you have pictures, let me know and I can give your user permissions to post them on the forum!

JoeS

Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:28 pm

Just this week, in the SF Bay Area, two friends that I had been dangling the Kona EV carrot in front of, gave up waiting and bought a couple of Bolts right off the lot for cash. Contributing factors were news reports of Hyundai dealers jacking up the sales price over MSRP and Chevy soon losing the Federal Tax Credit. https://insideevs.com/hyundai-dealers-p ... -electric/

JoeS

Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:51 am

skywal2001 wrote:
skywal2001, congratulations and welcome to the forum! Interesting that none seem to have popped up in the SF Bay Area yet. Of course, we're interested in first-hand owners' accounts.

JoeS

Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:40 pm

The floodgates have opened! So, stopped by a different Hyundai dealer a couple of days ago who told me he had sold six last weekend and two more coming... Had he let me know, as my name is on at least one list? Noooo...

Had a very long informative discussion with a very astute factory rep at the San Jose auto show, further convincing me that the Kona EV is, at this point in time, the best non-Tesla new BEV on the market.

tonymil

Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:42 pm

I'm a new owner as of 3/9/2019, Albany, New York! I think there were only two in this area.

Return to “News & Main Kona EV Forum”